1. Select the File a Case button and choose File an Application for Discretionary Appeal.
2. Enter the names of the Appellant and Appellee, and choose whether you will pay by check, by credit card, or if your client is indigent. If you choose to pay by credit card or check, you must select whether the Case Type is “Civil” or “Criminal.”
Note: Amended Supreme Court Rule 5 (Costs) (amended effective March 1, 2012) prohibits the Clerk from receiving or filing an application without requisite costs or sufficient proof of indigency. If you elect not to pay by credit card at the time of your filing, payment of costs or a proper affidavit of indigency must be RECEIVED by the Clerk’s Office prior to filing. Filings received without payment of costs or sufficient proof of indigency will be rejected.
3. Select the trial court “type,” “county” and “trial court” judge from the drop down lists, and type in the judgment date.
4. Enter the trial court case number(s) and choose add.
5. Select “Next” once all the information is added.
6. Enter the attorney information for all parties.
Note: You may also add a party at this time, if needed.
7. Select “Browse” to upload the application. The file being uploaded must contain the application, a copy of the trial court order/judgment, and a copy of the Certificate of Service. The file must be in searchable PDF format. Once your filing is selected, choose “Next.”
Note: If your filing is larger than 20 MB, you may add additional filings by clicking “Next.”
8. If you selected “indigent” as your payment type, you may now upload an Affidavit of Indigency by selecting “Yes”. If not, select “No.”
9. At this time, review the information and make any corrections, if needed.
10. Select “File an Additional Filing With This Case” to upload any additional filings, such as exhibits.
11. If the uploaded file includes the trial court order/judgment, select the first check box. If the uploaded file includes the Certificate of Service, select the second check box.
12. Select “Submit Application” (or choose “Back” if you need to make any additional changes.)
13. If you chose to pay by credit card, you will be directed to enter that information. Once complete, select “Submit Payment.”
14. When your application has been filed successfully, you will see the screen below. When your filing is processed by the Clerk’s Office, you will be notified by e-mail.