1. Select the “File a Case” button and choose “File an Original Petition.”
2. Enter the names of the Petitioner and Respondent, and choose whether you will pay by check, by credit card, or if your client is indigent. If you choose to pay by credit card or check, you must select whether the Case Type is “Civil” or “Criminal.”
Note: Amended Supreme Court Rule 5 (Costs) (amended effective March 1, 2012) prohibits the Clerk from receiving or filing an application without requisite costs or sufficient proof of indigency. If you elect not to pay by credit card at the time of your filing, payment of costs or a proper affidavit of indigency must be RECEIVED by the Clerk’s Office prior to filing. Filings received without payment of costs or sufficient proof of indigency will be rejected.
3. Select the trial court type, county, and trial court judge from the drop down lists, and type in the judgment date.
4. Enter the trial court case number(s) and choose add.
5. Select “Next” once all the information is added.
6. Enter the attorney information for all parties.
Note: You may also add a party at this time, if needed.
7. Select “Browse” to upload the petition. The file being uploaded must contain the petition and a copy of the Certificate of Service. The file must be in searchable PDF format. Once your filing is selected, choose “Next.”
Note: If your filing is larger than 20 MB, you may add additional filings by clicking “Next.”
8. If you selected “indigent” as your payment type, you may now upload an Affidavit of Indigency by selecting “Yes.” If not, select “No.”
9. At this time, review the information and make any corrections if needed.
10. Select “File an Additional Filing With This Case” to upload any additional filings, such as exhibits.
11. If the uploaded file includes the Certificate of Service, select the check box.
12. Select “Submit Original Petition” (or choose “Back” if you need to make any additional changes).
13. If you chose to pay by credit card, you will be directed to enter that information. Once complete, select Submit Payment.
14. When your petition has been filed successfully, you will see the screen below. When your filing is processed by the Clerk’s Office, you will be notified by e-mail.